Whiteinch Centre is an independent community facility owned by the people of Whiteinch. It provides a hub at the heart of the community making Whiteinch a vibrant place to live, work and play. Our key objectives are to:
- maintain a sustainable social enterprise led by the local community
- offer learning, training and employability for local people from west Glasgow and beyond
- enable community involvement through volunteering
- support local health and wellbeing, and
- offer information and advice on relevant issues and opportunities.
Whiteinch Centre offers a friendly and relaxed environment where local people can meet and access a range of services and activities. The Centre is a resource for the whole community and we aim to respond directly to the needs of local people themselves.
We have over 700 visitors each week, coming from local neighbourhoods from Partick to Drumchapel and more than 50 groups are offering a range of support services and classes across health, learning, employability, arts and crafts and fitness.
To ensure that the Centre is a vibrant community hub and local resource we generate income through room and facilities hire. This currently covers around 50% of core costs.